We’ve won the UKIFDA Green Award!
Posted on 19th July 2021
We’re on a mission to become a UK leader in the supply of alternative fuels and have recently won the UK and Ireland Fuel Distributors Association (UKIFDA) Green Award for 2021, sponsored by Oilshield, a unique collaboration between European Insurance Services, Compass Environmental Consultancy and AVIVA.
It’s fantastic to receive recognition for our environmental initiatives within the liquid fuel distribution industry by such a prestigious organisation. The award further showcases our commitment to leading the way in sustainability and environmental performance for a decarbonised future.
As a result, we are experiencing rapid growth and have several new positions now available within the business. There really is no better time to join Crown Oil at a pivotal moment in our sustainable development.
What is Crown Oil doing for the environment?
We are caring
We invested in the world’s first REDD+ forest-carbon project: Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve, an InfiniteEARTH project, is the largest privately-funded orangutan reserve in the world, protecting nearly 65,000 hectares of forest, and saving over 130 million tonnes of carbon emissions.
We are proactive
As part of our efforts to tackle climate change and promote a safe and sustainable workplace, we pledge to run all our buildings on renewable energy by the end of 2022, including our offices and depots.
We are innovative
In 2018, we took a risk and invested in a 100% renewable drop-in fossil diesel alternative, HVO, and have seen a 100% uptake in the last year. This not only ensures we can sustain our continued growth but also allows our customers to continue operating without any impact on performance or overheads.
We practice what we preach
We’ve moved our entire fleet over to HVO to drastically reduce our environmental impact and to prove that we’re not just all talk!
We also implement simple but effective ways to reduce our direct emissions in the office and when we’re out on the road:
- We use energy-saving light bulbs and energy-efficient equipment
- Where possible, we use electronic communications to reduce paper consumption e.g. online billing, emails, e-statements and direct debit
- We encourage the use of public transport when possible
- We recycle all old IT equipment and barrels
- We offer sustainable fuel station loans and HVO trials to encourage the use of greener fuels
- We have plans in place to install solar panels on all our buildings
- We’ve pledged to run all our buildings solely on renewable energy by December 2022
- We’ve been voluntarily offsetting our delivery miles since 2007
- We’ve implemented teleconferencing facilities to reduce the need to travel to meetings
- We rarely use paper, but when unavoidable, we only use recyclable paper
- Reduction, recovery and recycling strategies have helped us to reduce the amount of waste to eliminate methane production in a landfill
- Our tankers and company cars are regularly serviced to ensure fuel efficiency
- We carefully plan delivery routes to minimise delivery miles and reduce CO2 emissions
- Our employees are trained on environmental issues to ensure a full, cohesive team effort when reducing our carbon footprint
Come and join a family-run company that’s pioneering change and is dedicated to creating a safer environment for everyone.