We currently have a fantastic opportunity in the Transport department for a highly organised Transport Clerk / Yard supervisor with excellent time management skills.
In this role, the working hours are 9.00 to 18.00, Monday to Friday, weekend availability is essential, additional overtime payments. An excellent opportunity for a candidate wanting to progress their career in Transport.
Key responsibilities and Duties;
- Monitor and chase documentation in support of the transport operation
- Routing & planning of over 500 deliveries per week
- Undertake administrative and filing duties to meet the needs of the Transport Department
- Answering and responding to all incoming calls in a prompt and polite manner
- Ensure all internal/external customer queries or concerns are dealt with in a professional, friendly, and courteous manner
- Covering the Transport Manager when he is out of the office and for holidays
- Liaising with the management team and drivers ensuring the smooth operation of the transport department
- Ensure all inbound/outbound paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
- Keeping control of stock levels in the yard and servicing the filling of drums of red diesel to customers.
- Updating excel spreadsheets with stock levels and sharing via email with relevant departments
Qualifications and Skills;
- Highly organised, excellent communicator both verbal & written
- A pro-active self-starter who loves to solve problems and improve logistics experiences for our customers
- Attention to detail is paramount for this busy transport office
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Must be flexible and a team player
- Open to learn and adapt to different systems and processes
If you wish to be considered apply with an updated CV for immediate consideration