Assist in maintaining good operational practices and health and safety within the depots whilst engaging with both trade and public to increase sales.
• Adhere to Health and Safety guidance within the warehouse
• Manage both goods in and goods out procedures for the depot
• Maintain good stock control practices
• Serve customers in a friendly manner at the trade counter
• Processing Orders & Quotes received over the phone via email or in person.
• Regularly upsell and pitch promotions on new products
• Ensure you work towards achieving Depot KPI’s
• Build up good customer relations wherever possible.
• Any other reasonable requests by your Line manager or the Senior Management Team.
Company Responsibilities – All employees throughout the business should observe the following areas of responsibility:
1. Personal Development
To ensure a personal understanding of the GAP Appraisal System and its benefits and demonstrate a willingness to participate in its use, including accepting constructive feedback.
To take opportunities to learn about own performance and demonstrate the GAP Values:
• Customer Service
2. Health & Safety
To participate in the promotion of a safe working culture on site, ensuring that safety of yourself and others on site is maintained always by adhering to all health and safety systems as outlined in the GAP Health and Safety Policy.
• To ensure a safe standard of working in your work area
• To demonstrate safe working practices and behave in an appropriate manner at all times
• Ensuring that suitable and sufficient Personnel Protective Clothing is being worn correctly at all times and is relevant to the area you are working in.
• Be accountable for reporting off all accident, incidents dangerous occurrences, and near misses to your manager
• To achieve and improve upon departmental and individual health & safety objectives and KPI’s.
Job Title: Depot Operative
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Salary: Meets NMW – Negotiable based on experience