A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Crown Oil Group for a Purchase Ledger Clerk based in our growing and fast-paced accounts department.
The successful candidate will be working closely with an established member of the team. To assist with all aspects of maintaining a busy finance office. We are seeking a candidate with previous experience of working in a busy purchase ledger team, who will be used to handling high volumes of invoices. Able to assist with areas of banking, checking statements, query resolution, and invoice authorisation processes. Be very familiar with coding and inputting, matching stock invoices and stock reconciliation.
Hours of work would be Monday to Friday 8.30 -4.30pm
Salary is £18,000 – £19,000 per annum (DOE)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of the transactional finance department.
- Assist with the management of the purchase ledger for companies within the group.
- Ensure speedy authorisation and accurate processing of invoices.
- Ensure suppliers payments are made in line with agreed terms.
- Liaise with internal departments and suppliers to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Daily bank statement reconciliations.
- Create and maintain supplier accounts.
- Supplier statement reconciliation.
- Oversee month-end closing.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Maintain accurate archiving records.
- Provide holiday cover for other members of the team.
- Any ad-hoc duties as required
- 2+ years working within a finance department
- Strong written & numeric skills
- Excellent attention to detail
This will be a great opportunity for the right candidate to expand their finance skills and knowledge, with a well respected and growing business. If you know you can take on the challenge send your CV through, we would like to hear from you!