An exciting opportunity for a Materials Estimator (PVC-U Building products) to join our National Accounts team at our Head Office in Blackburn.
The successful Materials Estimator will have previous experience working within the construction industry, ideally in UPVC, roofline, composite cladding, and GRP products.
The primary Function of the Materials Estimator will be dealing daily with large national accounts, and responsible for the scheduling and estimation of our products to customers.
Materials Estimator responsibilities:
- Assess incoming enquiries.
- Use technical drawings to ascertain specifications and quantities of various products, including communicating with customers to agree a specification.
- Collect all information to produce a materials schedule/quotation in a bespoke IT system.
- Assist customers on and off-site with product queries and technical information, whilst providing accurate and timely estimates and schedule of rates.
- Assisting with the migration of new sites into a new bespoke IT system and working to set targets
- Maintain a strict filing system, storing accurate information such as pictures, drawings, client, and costing information that is accessible to authorised colleagues only.
Materials Estimator skills and Experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience within construction, construction supply chain, or sub-contractor.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, good computer skills, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office are essential.
- Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license.
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience, and personal qualities to join us, please don’t hesitate in sending your CV for immediate consideration.