Due to continued growth within our Rockdoor division, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Technical Lead to join a leading UPVC doors and windows manufacturer based at our head office in Blackburn.
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for supporting and continuously developing all technical aspects of the Rockdoor production department.
Established in 1996, Rockdoor has been manufacturing quality composite doors using state of the art techniques and machinery from our Lancashire production and innovation center for over 20 years. Want to hear more, follow this link https://www.rockdoor.com/about
- Take overall responsibility for all technical aspects of Rockdoor.
- Conduct studies and research to discover a more effective approach to production
- Monitor the manufacturing team to ensure operations are inline with current GAP health and safety standards.
- Liaise with maintenance to ensure equipment availability and uptime, along with effective PPM
- Liaise with Research & Development / Project teams to assist with upgrades/project activities
- Analyse and provide solutions to manufacturing challenges or problems
- Liaise with the quality assurance department to ensure product quality and specification are consistent
- Conduct assessments to identify mechanical and procedural limitations that minimize work efficiency
- Monitor and control the production process to adjust operations in event of a problem
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Ensure all ordering platforms are working to correct information and specifications
- Seeks as far as possible solutions which can bring overall savings to the business
- Identifies process hot spots, criticalities, and activity priorities
Qualifications, Requirements, and Skills
- Educated to degree standard: engineering/production.
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Project Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Proven experience working in fast-paced manufacturing operations
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating equipment
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- IOSH Managing Health & Safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and managerial attributes.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience, and personal qualities to join us at GAP and help us take the next step in our expansion, please don’t hesitate in sending your CV for immediate consideration.