Due to continued growth within our Rockdoor division, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to head up and drive forward our Rockdoor production for a leading UPVC doors and windows manufacturer based at our head office in Blackburn.
As a Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and evolving the current Rockdoor production department. You will ensure processes needed for an efficient manufacturing process are established, implemented, and maintained.
To be considered for the Manufacturing Manager position, you will have a proven track record as a Manufacturing Manager within a manufacturing environment, with a strong understanding of lean manufacturing techniques and change management.
Established in 1996, Rockdoor has been manufacturing quality composite doors using state of the art techniques and machinery from our Lancashire production and innovation centre for over 20 years. Want to hear more, follow this link https://www.rockdoor.com/about
- Direct and coordinate daily operations of the manufacturing plant
- Design and implement plans for the effective use of material and labour resources to achieve manufacturing target
- Supervise the operations of manufacturing personnel to ensure the manufacturing process is within budget and time schedule
- Oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of technical production employees to ensure a competent workforce
- Conduct studies and research to discover a more effective approach to production
- Monitor the manufacturing team to ensure operations are in compliance with health and safety standards
- Liaise with maintenance to ensure equipment availability and uptime, along with PPM
- Analyse and provide solutions to manufacturing challenges or problems
- Liaise with the quality assurance department to ensure product quality and specification are consistent
- Conduct assessments to identify mechanical and procedural limitations that minimize work efficiency
- Monitor and control a production process to adjust operations in event of a problem
- Collaborate with marketing and sales staff to implement strategies that will improve the marketability of manufactured products
- Input into the procurement of raw materials and equipment required for manufacturing
- Review personnel performance to determine individuals most suited for promotion.
- Oversee all levels of staff activity & performance
- Develop processes to increase productivity and enhance performance
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times
Qualifications, Requirements, and Skills
- Educated to degree standard: engineering/production.
- Technical Problem-Solving Skills: Lean 6 sigma
- Project Management Skills: Prince 2 or similar
- Organizational Skills: coordinating the different stages of manufacture to ensure seamless operations
- Proven experience working in fast-paced manufacturing operations
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating equipment
- Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- IOSH Managing Health & Safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and managerial attributes.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience, and personal qualities to join us at GAP and help us take the next step in our expansion, please don’t hesitate in sending your CV for immediate consideration.