We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to join our Engineering team at our Head Office in Blackburn.
The primary function of the Maintenance Technician will operate on a rotating shift pattern. You will be involved with engineering activity at the site including maintenance, repair, improvements, manufacturing support, and projects. As Maintenance Technician you will also be involved with fault finding, repair, maintenance, and improvement of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and control systems. This is only a sample of the daily activities you will be involved with!
Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician responsibilities:
- To repair and maintain site plant.
- To ensure site is maintained to a high level of reliability, at the lowest effective cost.
- Ensure issues arising are logged and dealt with in a timely, prioritised manner.
- To track all faults, breakdowns, and necessary repairs. Suggest action effective engineering solutions to prevent reoccurrence of repetitive issues.
- To ensure all engineering activity is carried out in a safe and controlled manner, in compliance with all current legislation, and in line with current best practices.
- To help develop and implement planned maintenance system (both planned and preventative on key equipment).
- To undertake continuous improvement projects to raise equipment performance, standards, and eliminate breakdowns, improve performance quality and safety.
- Provide appropriate training and support to enable non-engineering staff to complete routine activities where it is appropriate and safe to do so.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician skills and Experience:
- Time served, multi skilled mechanical / electrical background
- Skilled with control systems, basics of Siemens & other plc programming. Good pc skills
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work shifts and flexibility of hours
- City and Guilds, ONC or above qualification
- Experience of working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Able to develop prioritised improvement plans.
- Experience of polyurethane foam systems.
- Experience of CNC machining equipment.
- Experience of vacuum forming technology.
If you think you have the necessary skills, experience, and personal qualities to join us, please don’t hesitate in sending your CV for immediate consideration.