Due to continued growth we are currently searching a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer for our brand-new manufacturing plant based in Knowledge. Ideally you will be a time served apprentice trained engineer, electrical bias with a hands-on deck approach to maintenance for a smooth-running shift!
As this will be the first Maintenance Engineer to join the team, there will be lots of career opportunities as the team grows, so we are looking for Maintenance Engineer who has the ability to guide the cell working and take some real ownership of the factory.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that all engineering works are done promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard to minimise plant downtime; coupled with a proactive approach to breakdown reduction and yield improvement.
- Repair and maintain site plan.
- Maintain site to a high level of reliability, at the lowest effective cost
- Log and deal with issues raised in a timely manner
- Track faults, breakdowns and necessary repairs
- Introduce effective engineering solutions to prevent reoccurrence of repetitive issues
- Develop and implement planned maintenance system, both planned and preventative
- Undertake continuous improvement projects to raise equipment performance, standards, and eliminate breakdowns, improve performance quality and safety.
- Electrical knowledge & experience (fault finding) OR Mechanical knowledge required.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum in a related engineering qualification accompanied with experience.
- Ability to understand a manufacturing process, analyse the inputs and outputs of the process and be able to draw up plans to continually improve performance, both in efficiency and quality or willingness to learn
- City and Guilds, ONC or above qualification
- Experience of working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of polyurethane foam systems.
- Experience of CNC machining equipment.
- Experience of vacuum forming technology.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, please apply for immediate consideration
- Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
- Location: Kirby (L34 Postcode)
- Shift Pattern: flexible day shift 8-4.30pm
- Salary: Competitive Base Salary + Pension and Career Development Opportunities
- Job Type: Full-time