We are currently looking to recruit a qualified and experienced HGV Mechanic to assist with the maintenance of our fleet across our a number of different sites from Slough, Rainham, Tottenham and Purfleet.
In this role you will be working on a mixed fleet of Daf and Scania vehicles.
We require a HGV Class 2 as well as a minimum of 3 years recent independent or dealership experience. Previous ADR experience would be adventurous however ADR training will be provide by the company.
The successful candidate will be hard working and highly organised with first class prioritising skills. To excel in this role you need to have a real passion for all things automotive and enjoy to problem solve in your daily tasks.
Full time flexible 45 week / Potential overtime / Company Vehicle, Phone etc
Role and Responsibilities:
- 6 weekly PMI’s and MOT preparations
- Vehicle inspections
- Defect repairs
- Vehicle servicing
- Reactive maintenance
- Diagnostic testing
- Completion of all vehicle paperwork
- Attend Breakdowns or accident vehicles
- Travel regular from depots in Rainham, Purfleet, and Tottenham
Experience & requirements
- A strong background in commercial HGV vehicle servicing/repair
- Must hold a current in date Class 1/2 HGV license
- Possess full industry-recognized qualifications (City & Guilds or NVQ or industry equivalent)
- ADR certification in tanks and packages would be preferred, but not essential
- Flexibility in this role is essential, to suit the needs of the business
This is a fantastic role in a fast-growing Fuel & Lubricant business that has been established over 70 years!
- Company events & social hours
- Automatism role
- Company funded professional training course
- Company vehicle
- On-site parking