Installation Engineer (Experienced fuel tank and pipework fitter)
£25000-£30,000 (depending on experience) plus overtime opportunities
Based in Bury (BL9) covering UK
An opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled and organised fuel tank and pipe fitter to join our experienced environmental team.
50 hour contract, Mon to Friday, flexibility is a must to cover emergencies and weekends.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in assisting in fitting and decommissioning fuel tanks and pipework.
The ideal candidate would come from similar fuel background but not essential. An outgoing and responsible individual is a must for this role.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installing and commissioning fuel tanks to OFTEC and PPG guidelines
- Installing and commissioning pipework to OFTEC and PPG guidelines
- Pumping out fuel using specialist equipment
- Cleaning and decommissioning fuel tanks from 500 litres to 100,000 litres
- Cleaning and decommissioning fuel pipework both plastic and steel, and
- Fuel sampling and polishing
Qualifications and Skills
- OFTEC qualified technician
- ADR Preferable
- WAH trained
- C/S trained
- Engineering background pref. NVQ or City and Guilds standards
- Organised and methodical
- Experience in handling fuel and fuel related components
- Detail and process orientated
- Work to a high standard
- Excellent customer service skills
- Punctual and Professional
- Have the ability to interpret/manipulate data
- Flexible (in line with the needs of the business)
- Open to learn and adapt to different systems and process
If you are interested in applying for this role and enjoy working as part of a team, please submit a covering letter along with an up to date copy of your CV