Based in Blackburn, GAP Plastics is seeking an experienced Distribution Warehouse Manager to join our team. This could be your perfect role if you are an accomplished warehouse professional seeking new opportunities!
As a Distribution Warehouse Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of our central distribution centre. Your primary objective will be to ensure timely and efficient delivery of products across the UK while maintaining high satisfaction levels for internal and external customers.
This position requires strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, and a commitment to ensuring the company goals and objectives are achieved to the highest standards.
- Oversee all aspects of the warehouse operations, including receiving, storage, inventory control, and shipping
- Develop and implement effective strategies to optimise warehouse layout, productivity, and efficiency
- Monitor and manage inventory levels to ensure accurate stock counts and timely reordering of products
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth workflow and efficient order fulfilment
- Hire, train, and supervise a team of warehouse staff, providing guidance and support as needed
- Implement and enforce safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for all warehouse employees
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback to employees, identifying areas for improvement and developing training plans
- Previous management experience in operational warehousing and logistics in a manufacturing setting
- National Transport Manager CPC certification
- Proven leadership in Health and Safety (IOSH level 3 or NEBOSH qualified)
- Proven track record of successfully managing a distribution warehouse
- Passionate about motivating, engaging and developing people.
- Flexibility and agility – able to react to changing demands
- Proficiency in warehouse management software and systems
- Ability to analyse data and make informed decisions
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in warehousing
- Effective and assertive communication skills across a range of internal and external stakeholders
If you’re interested in this role, please apply today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our office on 0161 518 8458.