We are on the look out for a 1st Line Help Desk Technician to join our team!
Here at Crown Oil we are looking to appoint a 1st Line IT Help Desk Technician to join our skilled IT team.
This role would ideally suit a candidate that has recently completed an IT Apprenticeship, IT higher education/qualification or someone who has a real passion for all things computers and looking for a role in which to progress their career!
Primarily the main purpose will be to support the company’s IT function – with a view to grow and progress within the team.
- Answering telephone calls
- Taking details of client’s problem/requirement
- Asking relevant questions to get additional detail
- Offering technical assistance if and when appropriate
- Logging enquiry details onto call logging system
- Shadowing technicians both internal and external premises
- Utilising inactive periods to further their studies
- Assisting administrative staff with their duties
Desirable skills & personal qualities:
- A passion for technology
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
We offer excellent training and have offered our former 1st Line Technicians progression within the company and given the opportunity to develop a career within with more responsibilities, a new job title and pay increases – on successful completion of work based tasks.